Smoked Tri Tip
- 1 Tri Tip Roast
- 3 tablespoons brisket rub or Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Season the tri-tip with the rub and allow the rub to melt into the meat for one hour.
- Set your pellet grill to the Smoke Setting.
- Smoke the tri-tip on "Smoke" for one hour.
- Raise the temperature of the pellet grill to 250°F.
- Cook another 30-45 minutes until an internal temperature of 130°F is reached.
- Remove the tri-tip from the smoker and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Slice the tri-tip across the grain while watching for the shifting grain structure.