Smoked Whole Chicken
The Smoked whole chicken is definitely going to be the star of the show for your work’s potluck, family holiday feast, or just to show off for your sweetie.
- 1 whole chickens
- 3 tbsp of rub for each whole chicken
- Preheat your smoker grill to 250°F
- Rinse the chicken under cold water. Trim any excess skin or fat around the neck area or in and around the bird’s cavity.
- Tie the legs together using kitchen string or butcher's twine. If desired, fold the wings back and under the back. This is not necessary, but nice for the presentation.
- Generously rub the bird with the spice rub. Make sure all areas are covered.
- Place the birds on the grill racks and leave them in the smoker until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F. This takes about 3-5 hours, depending on the quantity of food you grill.
- Let the chicken rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.