Texas Style Beef Ribs
- Z Grills Pellet Smoker
- Z Grills OAK Wood Pellets
- 8 lbs beef ribs (two 4 bone racks of plate ribs)
- 8 tbsp salt, pepper, garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your pellet smoker to 250 °F.
- Pour two tbsp of olive oil on each rack of ribs and rub into meat on all sides.
- Season the ribs on all sides using the salt, pepper, and garlic seasoning.
- Set ribs in the smoker and cook for 3 hours before checking for color. Insert a temperature probe into the thickest part of the ribs.
- Continue cooking until it reaches an internal temperature of around 170 °F.
- Wrap ribs tightly with two layers of Peach Butcher Paper. Replace the probe with the ribs.
- Continue cooking until it reaches an internal temperature of 205°F (usually takes about 2 hours). Use a toothpick or probe to check for doneness. Meat should be tender like butter. If meat is still tough, continue to cook until it becomes tender.
- Once the meat is tender, leave the ribs wrapped and rest until the temperature rises to around 160-170°F (about 1 hour).
- Slice and serve.