Smoked Turkey Tails
- Inspect the turkey tails. If you see any feather shafts, use a paper towel to grip them. Then pull them out and discard them.
- Rinse the turkey tails under cool water and pat them dry.
- Transfer them to a large bowl or sheet pan.
- Combine the seasonings in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the turkey tails and toss to coat them evenly.
- Preheat your Z-Grills (preferably with branded wood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the turkey tails to the grates skin-side up, close the lid, and smoke for 4 hours or until the turkey tails are evenly brown and crisp with an internal temperature of at least 140 degrees Fahrenheit. A low and slow cook is key to rendering fat and crisping up the skin.
- Remove the smoked turkey tails from the grill and set them aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve as desired and enjoy.