Smoked Mac and Cheese
This smoked mac-and-cheese is one of those dishes that immediately envelop many people in a warm, comforting embrace of nostalgia. You'll be blown away by the smoky, cheesy flavors in this Smoked Mac and Cheese.
- 2 cups dry/uncooked mac
- 1/2 stick salted butter-melted
- 3 cups milk (1 or 2%)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounce colby cheese (cubed or shredded)
- 12 ounce pepper jack (cubed or shredded)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mexican cheese shredded
- bread crumbs
- 1/2 chopped sweet onion
- 1 chopped up red pepper
- 8 strips bacon
- Set pellet grill at 250°F.
- Mix all ingredients together (except those listed in extra ingredients) and put them into a 9” x13” pan.
- Smoke for approximately 2 hours, mixing every 30 minutes.
- Remove it from the smoker when the consistency is right and add some shredded cheese (normally Mexican mix), then some bread crumbs to the top.
- Broil at 400 °F for 5-6 minutes until brown.
- If you want, add 1/2 a chopped sweet onion, a chopped up red pepper, and 6-8 strips of bacon.