Smoked Leg of Lamb
- Z Grills Pellet Smoker
- Z Grills Apple Wood Pellets
- 1 boneless leg of lamb, about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds in weight
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Trim the meat of any excess fat and keep the meat an even thickness to ensure even cooking and smoking.
- Mix the garlic, oil, and spices and rub all over the lamb. Place lamb on a dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour to marinate.
- Set the smoker to 250 °F.
- Place the lamb on a smoker rack and smoke for around 3-4 hours or until an internal temperature of 145°F for a nice medium-rare. Or smoke longer for your desired doneness.