Smoked Lamb Shank
- 4 Lamb Shanks
- 1 tbs Salt
- 1 tbs Pepper
- 2 tbs Cooking Oil
- 1 Large Onion – coarsely chopped
- 1 Large Carrot – cut into thick slices
- 4 Garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup of broth
- 1 1/2 cup of wine
- Preheat your pellet smoker of internal temparture to 300°F.
- Season the lamb shanks with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb shanks on a pan and add the sliced carrots, chopped onion, garlic, canned crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and wine.
- Braise lamb shanks until the internal temperature reaches 200 °F. This whole cook will take about 3-4 hours.
- Baste the shanks periodically with their own juices to keep adding that flavor and avoid drying them out.