Smoked Dry Brined Turkey
- Z Grills Smoker Grill
- Cheery pellets
- 10-15 lb Turkey
- 1/2 cup Kosher salt
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 TBSP thyme
- Granulated Garlic
2-1 Salt Brown Sugar ratio：1/2 cup salt，1/4 cup brown sugar，2 TBS thyme
- Unpack the bird and remove the giblet and neck
- Mix together 2-1 kosher salt, brown sugar, and thyme
- Make sure the bird is dry
- Pull back the skin above the breast
- Massage the breast under the skin and all parts outside the bird
- Put in a trey on a rack and in the fridge for 24/48 hours. 48 hours is preferred.
- After the 48 hours remove the plastic wrap and let air dry in the fridge for another few hours.
- Remove and allow to come up to room temperature for 1 hour.
- Load the pit with cherry pellets by z grills
- Preheat the grill @325f
- While the pit is coming up to temperature, stuff the cavity with the following. Onions, Celery, Carrots, Apples, and thyme.
- Once covered with your favorite rub. Make sure NO SALT is used. I'm using granulated garlic only
- At the 1 hour mark check that the bird is cooking evenly across the surface. Turn or rotate as needed. Do that for an hour 2-3 until an internal temperature of 165 breast, 185 leg, thigh is reached.
- Remove once your temp is reached. Let rest slice and enjoy!