Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- Z Grills 7002C2E Wood Pellet Grill
- Z Grills Apple Wood Pellets
- Sharp knife
- Smoke Tube
- 1 pound block of cheddar cheese
- Cut the cheese into 1-inch thick blocks. Arrange the blocks on a baking rack or heat-safe cooling rack.
- Fill the smoke tube with apple wood pellets and place it onto the grates.
- Light the pellets in the tube and wait about 10 minutes. Ensure the pellets are burning continuously and emit clean, steady smoke.
- Transfer the rack with the cheese to the grill grates of your Z-Grill. This recipe does not involve turning on the grill. Instead, it is used as a vessel to cold smoke the cheese.
- Close the grill’s lid and cold smoke for 1 hour.
- Open the grill, flip the cheese, and close the grill again—cold smoke the cheddar for another hour.
- Remove the smoked cheddar cheese from the grill, let it sit at room temperature for an hour, then use as desired or store it.