Nothing is better than a burger that has been hit with a little smoke and then seared right before coming off the grill. The smoke enhances the natural beef flavor of the patties and works well with the cheddar cheese.
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet smoker to 225 °F.
- Shape your ground beef into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch larger in diameter than your burger buns.
- In a small bowl, combine the burger seasoning and sprinkle on both sides of your burger patties.
- Place the seasoned patties on the grill and smoke for up to 1 hour, or until the internal temperature of your burgers reads 135°F.
- Increase the heat of your grill to the high setting (at least 400°F). Sear the burger patties for about 2-3 minutes on both sides. Add cheese after the first flip, if desired.
- Check the temperature of your burger patties for the desired doneness.
- Remove the burger patties and toast the buns over high heat. Assemble your smoked burgers on your toasted buns with desired toppings and immediately serve.