Smoked Baked Beans
- Z Grills 1000D3E Wood Pellet Grill
- Z Grills Apple Wood Pellets
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion – diced
- 6 slices cooked bacon – crumbled
- 2 – 28 oz cans baked beans
- 1 jalapeño – diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet smoker to 350 °F.
- Cook six slices of bacon, drain, and set aside to cool.
- Dice the onion and jalapeño. Set aside.
- Add the baked beans to a large cast iron skillet.
- Add in the diced onion, jalapeño, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, and minced garlic. Crumble the bacon and add. Stir well to combine.
- Place the cast iron skillet with the beans onto the smoker and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally to make sure the beans at the bottom of the pot do not burn.
- Remove from the smoker and serve immediately.