Smoked and Seared Lamb Chops
As tradition would have it, at Easter, it’s time to make smoked lamb in the smoker. These smoked and seared lamb chops are not only delicious, but also surprisingly easy to prepare.
- Rack of Lamb
- Coarse Kosher Salt
- Jeff's Texas Style Rub
- Jeff's Original Sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
- A1 Sauce
- Slice the rack of lamb into individual chops.
- Sprinkle a pinch of coarse kosher salt onto the top side of each chop. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight (no need to rinse when finished).
Glaze and Season
- For the glaze, combine 3/4 cup of Jeff's barbecue sauce, 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 3 TBS of A1 sauce.
- Glaze the top side of each chop.
- Sprinkle the top of each chop with the rub.
- Set up your smoker for cooking at 220 ℉.
- Smoke cook chops until they reach medium-rare (128-130 ℉), about 25-30 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes under foil before searing.
- Use a griddle, hot pan, hot grill, or broiler to quickly sear the top and bottom sides of the lamb chops.
- Finish and serve
- Keep warm until serving time. Enjoy!