Reverse Seared T-Bone Steak
The reverse-seared T-bone steak is godly delicious. It starts with a simple seasoning of salt and pepper and is then made with the magic reverse-sear cooking method.
- 1 t-bone steak
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Fire up your Z Grills pellet smoker to 225°F.
- Season steak with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Lay the steak on the grill. Close the lid and smoke for roughly 60 minutes or until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 130°F (for medium-rare). Remove the steak and set it aside.
- Crank up the heat to 450°F and preheat.
- When the grill comes to temperature, sear the steak for 1 minute per side or until you get your desired amount of sear.
- Remove the steak from your smoker. Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Steak Doneness Guide
- Rare: 125 °F
- Medium Rare: 130 °F
- Medium: 140 °F
- Well Done: 160 °F