Pellet Grilled Jerky
- Z Grills Smoker Grill
- Z Grills Hickory BBQ Wood Pellets
- 1/2 cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Coarsely-Ground Black Pepper
- 4 shakes Your Favorite Hot Sauce, Optional
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Spiced Rum, Optional
- 2 pounds Top Sirloin
- Thinly-slice the sirloin into 1/16- 1/8-inch thick strips, either with the grain (which will result in a chewier beef jerky) or against the grain (which will be more tender). If you are slicing it yourself, pop the steak into the freezer for 15-30 minutes before slicing so that it is easier to slice.
- Put the strips of steak to a large zip top bag or a big mixing bowl that you can seal tightly.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until combined. Pour the mixture into the zip top bag or bowl with the steak, seal the bag or bowl, and toss until the steak is evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Heat grill to 200°F.
- Lay the strips out in a single layer on the grill and stack on a cooling rack (the type of rack that you would use for cooling muffinsor cookies).Smoke until the beef jerky until it is dry and firm, yet still a little bit pliable, about 4 hours (Cooking times will vary based on the thickness of your meat and grill).
- Remove jerky and transfer to a sealed container and store in a refrigerator. Enjoy!