Octopus Hot Dogs
Why have regular hot dogs when you can have octopus hot dogs? Octopus hot dogs are a fun way to enjoy your favorite beef franks. These are smoked for an hour to infuse every inch with wood-fired flavor, and the “tentacles” cut at the end of each hot dog brown, curl, and lightly crisp up to make them super satisfying.
- Paring Knife
- 4 beef hot dog franks
- Iceberg lettuce
- Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise, stopping about 2 inches from the end.
- Roll each frank a quarter of a turn and make another lengthwise cut that stops 2 inches from the end.
- Cut each fourth in half. Again, the cuts should stop about 2 inches from the end. You can also make little puncture marks at the top for the eyes.
- Preheat your Z-Grills (preferably with branded wood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the octopus hot dogs to the grates, close the lid, and smoke for 1 hour.
- Remove from the grates and serve as desired. You can serve octopus hot dogs over a bed of chopped lettuce, in buns, or whatever else you like. Have fun with the presentation.
Feel free to double or even triple the recipe. The smoke time is the same.
Serving: 49g | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 460mg | Iron: 0.7mg