Octopus Hot Dogs
- Z Grills 7052B Wood Pellet Grill with Wi-Fi
- Z Grills OAK Wood Pellets
- Paring Knife
- 4 beef hot dog franks
- Iceberg lettuce
- Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise, stopping about 2 inches from the end.
- Roll each frank a quarter of a turn and make another lengthwise cut that stops 2 inches from the end.
- Cut each fourth in half. Again, the cuts should stop about 2 inches from the end. You can also make little puncture marks at the top for the eyes.
- Preheat your Z-Grills (preferably with branded wood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the octopus hot dogs to the grates, close the lid, and smoke for 1 hour.
- Remove from the grates and serve as desired. You can serve octopus hot dogs over a bed of chopped lettuce, in buns, or whatever else you like. Have fun with the presentation.