Homemade Tutti Frutti Ice Cream
- 1 pint of heavy mixing cream
- 1 pint of half and half
- 1 peach peeled and chopped
- ½ cup of raspberries
- 1 tangerine peeled and segmented
- ½ lemon
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- Freeze your ice cream mixing bowl according to the directions suggested by the manufacturer. Leave the ice cream bowl in the freezer while you prepare your mis en place.
- Prepare your fruit. Peel and slice the peaches, segment the tangerines, and prepare ½ cup of raspberries. Place the fruit in a molcajete (pistol and mortar) and give the fruit a smash. Squeeze half of a lemon on your fruit mash and add the sugar to the bowl.
- Now that the fruit is ready you can attach the frozen bowl to your mixer. Place the heavy cream, half and half, and fruit mixture into your frozen mixing bowl. Churn the ice cream on low for 20-30 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy. You will hear the motor for your ice cream maker work harder as the ice cream thickens.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer for up to three weeks in an airtight container.