Grilled Peppers and Onions
Grilled peppers and onions are simple, versatile, and delicious. They develop nice char, cooking enhances their sweetness, and in this recipe, the pair is joined by eggplant, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. Fire up the grill for your entrée and cook these on the side to complete the meal, or finish with a quick vinaigrette for grilled pepper and onion salad.
- 2 red onions, cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 bell peppers, quartered with ribs and seeds removed
- 1 small eggplant, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 zucchini, cut into ½-inch slices
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- Place the vegetables in separate piles on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and black pepper, then toss to coat.
- Preheat your Z-Grill (preferably with branded hickory or fruitwood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the grill mat on the grates and transfer the onion, bell pepper, eggplant, and zucchini to the grill mat in a single layer. Depending on the size of your grill mat, you may need two.
- Close the grill and cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook for another 4 minutes, then transfer the vegetables to a platter.
- Thread the tomatoes onto skewers, transfer them to the grill, close the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a platter, and finish with cilantro and thyme, as well as more salt and black pepper if desired.
You can also use wooden skewers for the tomatoes. Just soak them for an hour before use.
Serving: 416g | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 460mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1833IU | Vitamin C: 104mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.8mg