Grilled Peppers and Onions
- 2 red onions, cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 bell peppers, quartered with ribs and seeds removed
- 1 small eggplant, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 zucchini, cut into ½-inch slices
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- Place the vegetables in separate piles on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and black pepper, then toss to coat.
- Preheat your Z-Grill (preferably with branded hickory or fruitwood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the grill mat on the grates and transfer the onion, bell pepper, eggplant, and zucchini to the grill mat in a single layer. Depending on the size of your grill mat, you may need two.
- Close the grill and cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook for another 4 minutes, then transfer the vegetables to a platter.
- Thread the tomatoes onto skewers, transfer them to the grill, close the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a platter, and finish with cilantro and thyme, as well as more salt and black pepper if desired.