Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly
This recipe takes the average peanut butter and jelly sandwich up several notches with sourdough bread, homemade peanut butter, scratch-made raspberry jelly, and a kiss of sweet smoke. The heat from the grill toasts the bread beautifully. You get a crispy hearty texture from the sourdough, followed by creamy nut butter goodness and tartness from the raspberry jam.
- 8 ounces fresh raspberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup raspberry jelly
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Mix the raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir to coat the berries in sugar.
- Cook while frequently stirring until the mixture starts to boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer while occasionally stirring for 10-12 minutes or until thickened enough to leave a trail when you run a spoon through the jelly.
- Remove from the heat, transfer the jelly to a jar, and set it aside to cool.
- Add the peanuts, oil, maple syrup, and salt to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Occasionally stop to scrape the sides down for an even consistency.
- Spoon the peanut butter out of the blender and into a bowl or jar.
- Spread four of the eight slices of bread with peanut butter. Spread the other four slices of bread with raspberry jelly.
- Put the two pieces of bread together to form sandwiches, then brush the exterior of each sandwich with melted butter.
- Preheat your Z-Grill (preferably with branded applewood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the grill mat on the grates and transfer the sandwiches to the grill mat.
- Close the lid and grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Open the lid, flip the sandwiches, close, and grill for another 4-5 minutes.
- Plate the grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, then serve.
The peanut butter recipe yields 1 cup of nut butter. Store the remaining jam in a glass jar and refrigerate for up to 5 days. The grill mat prevents the peanut butter and jelly from dripping between the grates.
Serving: 225g | Calories: 740kcal | Carbohydrates: 92g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 790mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 6.3mg