Grilled Flat Iron Steaks
Do you know how to grill flat iron steaks? Following this recipe, you’re on your way to get tender, juicy Grilled Flat Iron Steak.
- 3 Flat Iron Steaks
- Beer BBQ Sauce
- Heath Riles Pecan
- Beef Rubs
- Filled Z Grills 1000 series grill with cherry Bear Mountain BBQ pellets and set the temp to 350 °F while I got the 3 flat iron steaks ready. The Z Grills pellet grill is a versatile beast that is easy to use.
- Used a little bit of a mix of coffee and beer BBQ sauce as a binder.
- Then used Heath Riles Pecan and Beef rubs on both sides of the steaks.
- Let the rubs sink in the steaks until the steaks started sweating because of the salt in the rubs.
- Placed the 3 steaks on the middle cooking grate. Let the steaks cook for 6 minutes on both sides of steaks.
- Started striking the steaks with the coffee/beer BBQ sauce on both sides of the steaks and let the glaze caramelize for 4 minutes.
- After that, took the steaks off the grill and let the rest for 10 minutes before eating them.
Keep temp at 350 °F except when first turned on the machine and keep it on smoke setting for 5 minutes.