Grilled Cheese with Bacon
Grilled cheese sandwiches made on a pellet grill are delicious, but they’re even better with bacon. Grab a package of thick-cut bacon, a few slices of sourdough, butter, and cheese, and you’re ready to go. For this recipe, we’re using American cheese and provolone. The duo yields the ultimate cheese pull while adding great flavor.
- ½ pound thick-cut pork bacon
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat your Z Grills (preferably with branded applewood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with nonstick parchment paper and arrange the slices of bacon in a single layer.
- Place the baking sheet onto the grill grates, close the lid, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the grill, flip each slice of bacon, close the lid, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the bacon is firm but not overly crisp. Meaty slices work best on a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon.
- Reduce the pellet grill temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a slice of American cheese on four slices of bread, evenly divide the bacon between them (break them in half if you wish), then top with provolone cheese and a second slice of bread.
- Brush the exterior of each sandwich with melted butter.
- Place the grill mat on the grates and transfer the sandwiches to the grill mat.
- Close the lid and grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Open the lid, flip the sandwiches, close, give each one a firm press, and grill for another 4-5 minutes.
Hearty sourdough slices are best for a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon, but thin slices will work too. Use what you like.
Serving: 301g | Calories: 670kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 1420mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 667IU | Calcium: 360mg | Iron: 2.8mg