Grilled Bell Peppers
Grilled bell peppers are relatively basic but transform into something impressive with a delicious balsamic marinade. Rather than marinating before grilling, this recipe turns the process on its head with a reverse marinade. First, the peppers are lightly brushed with oil and seasoned. Next, they head to the pellet grill before spending some time in the marinade.
- Quarter the bell peppers or cut them into large strips.
- Add the bell peppers to a bowl, drizzle with oil, and season with salt and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Preheat your Z-Grill (preferably with branded oak or applewood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the quartered bell peppers to the grates skin side down, close the lid, and grill for 10 minutes or until the peppers are soft with grill marks.
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Remove the bell peppers from the grill and transfer them to the bowl. Toss to coat, then leave them to sit for 10 minutes.
Serving: 373g | Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 730mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 5250IU | Vitamin C: 423mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.7mg