Grilled Acorn Squash (with Salad)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup chopped radicchio
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 medium figs, quartered or sliced
- Preheat your Z-Grill (preferably with branded cherry or applewood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly oil the grates once hot to prevent sticking.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, remove the stem, and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the squash into equal-sized wedges. Feel free to peel them.
- Whisk the oil, salt, black pepper, and honey together in a bowl. Brush each wedge with this mixture.
- Transfer the squash to the grates, close the lid, and cook for 7 minutes or until it is almost tender.
- Remove the squash and increase the grill's temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep the lid closed while preheating.
- Uncover and grill the squash for 2-3 minutes per side or until they develop nice grill marks.
- Remove the squash from the grill and set it aside.
- Add the arugula, radicchio, pomegranate arils, and walnuts to a salad bowl. Toss to combine.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or shake in a mason jar until well combined.
- Drizzle as much dressing as desired over the contents of the salad bowl and toss again.
- Divide between serving plates, arrange acorn squash wedges and figs among the other salad ingredients, drizzle a bit more dressing on top and serve.