Blueberry Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Grill torch
- Hand mixer, blender, or food processor
- Heat the oil and butter over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes or until softened and fragrant.
- Toss in the jalapeno and continue to sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the bourbon into the saucepan, carefully light it with a torch, and wait until the flames dissipate to cook off the alcohol.
- Stir in the brown sugar, followed by the ketchup, crushed red pepper, and apple cider vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, add the blueberries, reduce to a simmer, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Use a hand mixer or immersion blender to break down the blueberries. The sauce does not have to be super smooth.
- Return the sauce to a simmer and simmer for another 10 minutes to thicken up.
- Remove from the heat and use as desired.