Avocado Grilled Cheese
- 6 slices thick-cut sandwich bread
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 slices American cheese
- 1 medium avocado, ripe
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet grill(preferably with branded wood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with half a tablespoon of butter.
- Place the slices buttered side down on a cutting board or other food prep surface. Add a slice of cheddar to three of the six slices, then add a slice of American cheese to the other three slices.
- Halve, pit, and peel the avocado, then cut it into thin slices. Toss with lemon juice and season the slices with salt.
- Divide the avocado slices and chopped tomato between three of the bread slices.
- Put the two sandwich halves together.
- Lightly oil the grill grates or place a grill mat onto the grates. The choice is yours.
- Transfer the sandwiches to the grill grates or the grill mat. Close the lid and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese melts and the bread develops grill marks.
- Uncover, flip the sandwiches, and cook for 5-7 more minutes.
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve.