Texas Smoke Beef
This is a delicious and easy texas style smoke beef recipe, you'll love it.
- 1 cup Strong Brewed Coffee or Espresso, Cold
- 1 cup Cola
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Morton Tender Quick Home Meat Cure
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 2 pound Trimmed Beef Top Or Bottom Round
- Plan ahead! This recipe requires marinating time overnight. In a mixing bowl, combine the coffee, cola, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, curing salt (if using), pepper, and hot sauce.
- With a sharp knife, slice the beef into 1/4” thick slices against the grain. (This is easier if the meat is partially frozen.)
- Trim any fat or connective tissue.
- Put the beef slices in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade mixture over the beef, and massage the bag so that all the slices get coated with the marinade.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
- When ready to cook, set grill temperature to 180 °Fand preheat, with lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Dry the beef slices between paper towels. Arrange the meat in a single layer directly on the grill grate.
- Smoke for 4 to 5 hours, or until the jerky is dry but still chewy and somewhat pliant when you bend a piece.