Smoked Turkey Wings
These smoked turkey wings are loaded with wood-fired flavor. The rich dark meat is tender and juicy, while turkey wings’ hearty texture makes them even more enjoyable. This recipe starts with a fragrant dry rub and ends with a light brushing of barbecue sauce. It’s added right at the end then the wings spend time over high heat to crisp up the skin and turn that sauce into a glaze.
- 8 turkey wings
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 ½ tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat your Z-Grills (preferably with branded wood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat the turkey wings dry with paper towels.
- Combine the sugar, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and sage in a small bowl to make a dry rub.
- Apply the dry rub to the wings.
- Transfer the wings to the grates, close the lid, and smoke for 2 hours or until the internal temperature registers at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, add all the sauce ingredients to a small saucepan. Stir well.
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, reduce the sauce to a simmer, and simmer uncovered for 7-8 minutes or until thickened.
- Set the sauce aside to fully cool.
- Increase the grill temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit when the wings register 165 degrees.
- Brush the wings with sauce, close the lid, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the smoked turkey wings from the grill, plate them, and serve with any remaining sauce.
Be sure to use turkey wings that are similar in size, so they cook at the same rate.
Serving: 94g | Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.35g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 630mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1200IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.2mg