- Z Grills 700D4E Wood Pellet Grill
- Z Grills Hickory Wood Pellets
- 1 Gallon Zipper Bag
- 2 (16-ounce) blocks of firm tofu
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cut each block of tofu in half, so the blocks are not as thick.
- Place the tofu halves on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet or platter.
- Top with more paper towels and place heavy skillets or cans on top to press the excess moisture out of the tofu and let sit for 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can use a tofu press.
- Add the tofu to the zipper bag with the soy sauce or tamari. Seal the bag, move the contents of the bag around to coat the tofu with soy sauce evenly, and set it aside to marinate for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove the tofu from the zipper bag, pat it dry with paper towels, and lightly brush both sides with vegetable oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Season both sides of the tofu with the seasoning mixture.
- Preheat your Z-Grills (preferably with branded hickory or apple pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the tofu to the grill grates, close the lid, and smoke for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the tofu is golden brown.
- Remove the tofu from the grill and serve as desired.