Smoked Texas Brisket
- Z Grills Pellet Smoker
- Pecan Blen Hardwood Pellets
- 12 pounds beef brisket, fat trimmed to ¼” thickness
- ⅓ cup kosher salt
- ⅓ cup black pepper
- Season the brisket with salt and pepper.
- Let the brisket sit at room temperature for an hour.
- Preheat your Z Grills to the SMOKE setting, then set the temperature to 225 °F.
- When the temperature reaches 225 °F, place the brisket in the smoker, with the fatty side up.
- Flip over the brisket every 3 hours.
- Smoke until the internal temp of the brisket reaches 203°F and the meat is very tender.
- Let the brisket rest at least 30 minutes before serving.