Smoked Skirt Steak
Skirt steak is a wonderful cut of beef to smoke. This recipe starts with a marinade of fresh herbs, lemon, soy sauce, and olive oil to tenderize and add flavor to the meat. Skirt steak absorbs flavors like a sponge which cuts preparation time. Then, it’s smoked with robust hickory wood pellets to infuse every inch with its delightful pungency. Enjoy as is, or use the meat to make tacos, quesadillas, steak frites, and more. The options are endless!
- Zipper Bag
- Small Bowl
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the garlic, herbs, oil, and lemon juice in a large zipper bag.
- Rinse the steak, pat it dry, and transfer it to the bag with the marinade.
- Seal the bag, move the contents around to coat the meat evenly, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry seasonings in a bowl to make the rub.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and allow it to return to room temperature.
- Preheat your Z Grills (preferably with branded wood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat the skirt steak dry and apply the dry rub to both sides.
- Transfer the steak to the grates, close the lid, and smoke for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove the steak from the grill, increase the grill temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, return the steak to the grates, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side to sear.
- Remove the smoked skirt steak from the grill and rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes.
- Slice against the grain at a 45-degree angle and serve.
You can also marinate the steak in a nonreactive bowl. Use any fresh herbs you like.
Serving: 135g | Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 370mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 533IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3.4mg
These are really great ideas in on the topic of blogging. You have touched some good things here.
Any way keep up wrinting.