- Z Grills 1000D3E Wood Pellet Grill
- Z Grills Hickory Wood Pellets
- Large Bowl
- Wire Baking Rack
- 1 pound steak tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Stem the tomatoes and quarter them.
- Peel the papery skin off the onion and cut it in half, so you have two wedges.
- Remove the stem from the jalapeno and cut it in half. For less heat, remove the seeds and ribs. For more heat, leave them intact.
- Transfer the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and garlic to a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with chili powder; toss to coat.
- Preheat your Z-Grills (preferably with branded hickory wood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and garlic to a wire rack and transfer it to the grill.
- Close the lid and smoke for 1 hour. Flip halfway through cook time.
- Transfer the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and garlic to a blender or food processor with lime zest, juice, salt, black pepper, and oregano.
- Pulse until your desired texture is achieved. Stir in the cilantro.
- Serve as desired.