Smoked Rump Roast
Smoking a delicious hunk of meat doesn’t have to take all day or involve ingredients you’ve never heard of. This smoked rump roast recipe is as quick as simple (in under 2 hours), with only 4 household ingredients making an appearance.
- 3 pounds rump roast (or bottom round roast)
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat your smoker to 250°F.
- Combine the seasonings in a small bowl and coat the rump roast evenly with seasonings on all sides.
- Place roast into the smoker.
- Cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F (or your desired level of doneness; rare: 135°F, medium rare: 145°F, medium: 155°F, well done: 170°F)
- Remove rump roast from the smoker and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice thinly and serve.