Smoked Pork Spare Ribs
The smoked pork spare ribs recipe is very easy, and delicious.
- 2 racks Pork Spare ribs
- AP rub
- Hot BBQ rub
- Apple cider vinegar
- Brown sugar
- BBQ sauce
- Start off by pulling the membrane and squaring off the ends.
- Use mustard as a binder when cooking pork, it helps the rub stick better in my opinion.
- Use AP rub and Hot BBQ rub pretty heavily on ribs.
- As let the seasoning do its work then turn Z Grills to 250 degrees and let it preheat for 15-20 minutes, now we’re ready to let them get a smoke bath.
- Sprit with 1/2 parts apple cider vinegar and 1/2 parts water whenever the ribs become dry looking, usually around every 45 minutes.
- Once you like the color of the ribs, wrap in peach butcher paper with butter, honey, and brown sugar and let them continue cooking while protecting the color.
- At 190 degrees ID, mop them with BBQ sauce and stick them back in the Z so the sauce can Tac up and pull them out at 196 degrees IT.
- No further than 196 if you don’t like your ribs falling off the bone.
- Done, enjoy your ribs!