Smoked Pork Carnitas
Mexican pork carnitas are given a smokey makeover in this delicious and easy recipe for Smoked Pork Carnitas. And every bite is super juicy and tender.
- 1 Pork Butt/Shoulder Roast (3-5 lb)
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- Preheat a pellet smoker to 225 °F.
- Cut pork into 1 inch-thick strips and place into a disposable aluminum foil pan.
- Sprinkle cumin, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and cloves on the pork stripes. Drizzle on the vegetable oil. Using tongs, toss until pork strips are well coated.
- Cover the pan with a piece of aluminum foil and place it on the grill grate. Smoke it at 225 °F for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, take the pan out and remove the aluminum foil. Then return to the smoker and cook approximately 2 more hours until pork is tender and easily shreds with a fork.