Smoked Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 pound block of low-moisture whole milk mozzarella cheese
- Cut the cheese into 1-inch thick planks.
- Fill the smoke tube with hickory wood pellets and place it onto the grates.
- Light the pellets in the tube and wait about 10 minutes. Ensure the pellets are burning continuously and emit clean, steady smoke.
- Arrange the planks directly onto the grill grates of your Z-Grill. The grates must be clean. If not, use a baking rack or heat-safe cooling rack.
- Close the grill’s lid and cold smoke for 1 hour. Do not turn on the grill.
- Open the grill, flip the cheese, and close the grill again—cold smoke the cheese for another hour (or two if you want a more intense smoky flavor).