Smoked London Broil
- Z Grills Smoker Grill
- Z Grills OAK Wood Pellets
- Large Zipper Bag
- Probe Thermometer
- 1 (2-pound) London broil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 minced shallot
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Rinse the London broil under cold water and dry it with paper towels.
- Combine the garlic, shallot, oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, maple syrup/honey, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano in a zipper bag or non-reactive bowl.
- Add the London broil, lightly massage the marinade into the beef, and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat your Z-Grills (preferably with branded oak and/or cherry pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the steak from the marinade, lightly pat off any excess, and transfer it to the grates.
- Cover the grill’s lid and smoke for 45-50 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the steak from the grill and rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Finish with salt and black pepper, then serve.