Smoked Ham with a Honey Mustard Glaze
- 3.5 lb bone-in ham
Honey Mustard Glaze
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mustard, dijon
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 tbsp sweet rub
- Set up your pellet smoker to cook at 350 °F.
- When the smoker gets up to temp, place your ham in a roasting pan, and put it in the smoker. Insert a temperatureprobe in the center at the thickest part of the ham.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, and onion to a medium saucepan over medium heat. When the onion is translucent, add the apple juice. Continue to simmer the apple juice until the liquid has reduced to half.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir. Remove the saucepan from the smoker and baste the ham generously with the glaze using a basting brush.
- When the internal temperature of the ham reads 100 °F, glaze the ham again. Repeat the process at 110, 120, and 130 °F.
- When the internal temp of the ham hits 140 °F, the ham is done. Remove from the smoker, and carve.
- Serve with any of the remaining glaze.