Smoked Goose Breast
- 1 Skin-on Breasts from Canada Goose
- 8-10 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Coarse Sea Salt or Kosher
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Small Onion (Roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp Seeded Mustard
- 2 tsp Dried Chili Flakes (Optional)
- 2 tsp Whole Peppercorns
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine all of the brining ingredients into a large pot and bring slowly to a boil. Gently simmer the brine mixture for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set the mixture aside to cool. Add the goose breasts to the cooled brine and leave them in the fridge overnight.
- Wash the goose breasts and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Prepare a rub of equal parts onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Lightly coat the goose breast in this rub.
- Coat goose breast lightly in olive oil.
- Heat your smoker to around 250-300 °F.
- Place the breasts on the grate, close the lid, and smoke until the breast reads 155–160 °F.
- Allow the smoked goose breasts to rest until reaching room temperature.