Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip
Appetizers rarely steal the show, but this one is an exception. Smoked buffalo chicken dip boasts layers upon layers of delicious flavor. First, the chicken is smoked, so it’s already off to a great start. Then, it’s added to the other ingredients, the dip heads to the smoker, and before you know it, you have a cheesy, savory, rich dip with enough heat to keep you coming back for more.
- 2 cups shredded smoked chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup Frank’s Original Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Tortilla chips, crackers, or crostini for serving
- Preheat your Z-Grills (preferably with branded applewood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat the chicken dry and combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lightly brush the chicken with oil, then apply the rub to both sides of each chicken breast.
- Transfer the chicken to the grates, close the lid, and smoke for 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the grates, set it aside to cool, then shred the chicken and measure out 2 cups.
- Preheat the pellet grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl with the sour cream, heavy cream, grated garlic, and chili powder. Stir until well combined. You can also use an electric mixer at low speed.
- Fold in half of both types of shredded cheese until well combined.
- Combine the chicken and buffalo wing sauce in a separate bowl. Mix well, then fold the buffalo chicken into the cream cheese mixture as well.
- Transfer the dip to the skillet and spread it in an even layer. Top with the remaining cheddar and pepper jack cheese.
- Place the skillet or bakeware on the grates, close the lid, and smoke for 15 minutes or until the dip is golden and bubbly.
- Remove the dip from the grill and serve as desired.
The dip can also be served with crudites.
Serving: 220g | Calories: 570kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1.5g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 2280mg | Potassium: 150mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2470IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 600mg | Iron: 0.5mg