Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups shredded smoked chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup Frank’s Original Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Tortilla chips, crackers, or crostini for serving
- Preheat your Z-Grills (preferably with branded applewood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat the chicken dry and combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lightly brush the chicken with oil, then apply the rub to both sides of each chicken breast.
- Transfer the chicken to the grates, close the lid, and smoke for 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the grates, set it aside to cool, then shred the chicken and measure out 2 cups.
- Preheat the pellet grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl with the sour cream, heavy cream, grated garlic, and chili powder. Stir until well combined. You can also use an electric mixer at low speed.
- Fold in half of both types of shredded cheese until well combined.
- Combine the chicken and buffalo wing sauce in a separate bowl. Mix well, then fold the buffalo chicken into the cream cheese mixture as well.
- Transfer the dip to the skillet and spread it in an even layer. Top with the remaining cheddar and pepper jack cheese.
- Place the skillet or bakeware on the grates, close the lid, and smoke for 15 minutes or until the dip is golden and bubbly.
- Remove the dip from the grill and serve as desired.