Smoked Brussels Sprout With Bacon
- 4 strip bacon
- 1 onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb brussels sprouts stems trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tbsp BBQ Spice Blend
- 1/2 cup Apple Habanero Bar-B-Que Sauce (or other BBQ sauce)
- Preheat the pellet smoker to high. Place a cast iron skillet over the highest heat spot and cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove the bacon from pan and drain, reserving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Reduce the heat on your smoker to 250°F.
- Add the onions, garlic, and brussels to the pan and toss to coat in the bacon drippings. Sprinkle the BBQspice blend over top.
- Cover the lid and allow to smoke for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until the sprouts are fork tender.
- For the last 20 minutes of smoking, toss the brussels sprouts in half of the barbecue sauce.
- Remove the sprouts from the smoker.
- Chop the bacon and add it and the remaining barbecue sauce to the pan of sprouts, tossing to coat.
- Serve hot.