- Load your Z Grills pellet hopper with Cherry Wood Pellets and set the smoker up to run at 300°F.
- While the grill is heating, cut/slice up your bell peppers and onion.
- Cut stick butter up into tabs and place in cast iron pan/skillet.
- Pour in olive oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan), add in the sliced bell peppers and onions and add in the desired amount of BBQ seasoning.
- Stir up all contents of the pan to ensure everything is coated in the butter, olive oil and BBQ seasoning.
- Once your Z Grills pellet smoker is up to temp, put a pan/skillet of peppers and onions on and put the 6 brats on the grill. Insert a temp probe into one of the brats. About 15 minutes in, stir up everything in the pan.
- When the temp of the brats reaches about 130°F, give them a flip and stir everything in the pan again to ensure even cooking. When brats are at about 150°F, put the buns on the grill to toast them up if you desire.
- Once brats reach an internal temp of 165°F, they are ready to take up. Take up buns when they are toasted to your liking and put brats in the pan with peppers and onions.
- Put spicy brown mustard in a bun, add a brat, and top with peppers and onions.