Smoked Beer Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (12 oz) can or bottle beer (not too dark or bitter)
- 2 tbsp honey or agave, warmed
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- Set your pellet smoker at 350 °F.
- Lightly grease a 9 ×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, put in the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and aerate, using a wire whisk. Add the beer and honey and stir with a wooden spoon until the batter is properly mixed (Do not overmix).
- Pour half of the melted butter into the prepared loaf pan and pour in the batter. Pour the remaining butter over the top of the loaf.
- Place the loaf pan on the grill grate and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- Allow the loaf to cool slightly in the pan before removing it from the pan. Leftovers make great toast.