Smoked Beef Tenderloin
Beef Tenderloin, smoked low and slow and then finished hot and fast over high heat. Make it at Christmas, Valentine's Day, or any gathering that you're looking to impress.
- 1 beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons garlic butter, melted
- Fire up your Z Grills pellet smoker to 250 °F with oak pellets.
- Trim and tie beef tenderloin (if needed).
- In a small bowl, mix kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Rub all over the surface of the beef tenderloin.
- Place beef tenderloin on grill for about 90 minutes or until internal temperature of meat reaches 125 °F.
- Once tenderloin reaches 125 °F, let it rest for 10 minutes while you raise the smoker’s temp to 400°F. Sear the tenderloin on all sides for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Brush tenderloin with melted garlic herb butter and let the beef rest for 15 minutes before slicing.