Smoked Bacon Wrapped Donuts
- Z Grills Pellet Smoker
- Z Grills Competition Blend Pellets
- 1 Dozen Glazed Doughnuts
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 bag Kraft Caramels
- Get your pellet smoker going to 275-300 °F.
- Place the bacon on the grill for about 15 minutes to make it a bit easier to wrap it around the doughnuts and also help it get crispier without over cooking the doughnuts later.
- Examine all the doughnuts to check if the hole seems to small. If so, use a knife or your fingers to make the hole a bit bigger.
- After 15 minutes, take the bacon off the smoker and start wrapping around each doughnut. This usually will take 2-3 bacon strips per doughnut.
- Use toothpick to secure bacon if necessary.
- Add a small amount of your favorite rub (or salt and pepper) to bacon.
- Put the doughnuts on smoker at 300 degrees until bacon is crispy. Should take 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the doughnuts from the smoker and let them cool a bit while covering with the caramel drizzle (or your favorite syrup).