Smoked Armadillo Eggs
Smoked Armadillo Eggs make a seriously tasty and spicy appetizer. Cooking low and slow allows time for the smoky goodness to fully penetrate the Armadillo egg.
- 5 jalapeños (stems, core, and seeds removed)
- 1 lb pork or Italian sausage
- 3 oz cream cheese (soft)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet smoker to 250°Fwith hickory pellets or any of your favorite.
- Mix the cream cheese and shredded cheese together, then stuff the mixture inside each jalapeño.
- Cutyour sausage into 5 even portions and roll out. Wrapthe sausage around the jalapeños. Make sure the sausage is completely covering the jalapeno.
- Place the armadillo eggs in the smoker. Close the lid and smoke for around 2 hours until theinternal temperature reaches 160°F.