Reverse Seared Ribeyes
- 2 thick cut ribeyes (1 1/2 inch thick)
- kosher salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Set your Z Grills wood pellet grill and smoker to the smoke setting.
- Season the steaks on all sides with kosher salt and pepper.
- Put the steaks on the smoker for 40 to 50 minutes. For medium steaks, cook until the internal temp of the steak reaches around 115 °F.
- Preheat a flat top griddle or cast iron skillet over high heat. Add the canola oil and the steaks. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- For medium steaks, remove the steak when its internal temp reaches 155 °F. Increase or decrease cook times as needed for steak temperature preferences.
- Let the steaks rest for a few minutes before serving.