How to Smoke Beef Ribs
Smoky, tender, juicy, and a little bit crispy on the outside. Need we say more? These smoked beef ribs will win the admiration of your friends and family.
- 1 rack beef back ribs about 4 to 6 pounds, 8 ribs
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet smoker to 225 °F.
- Rinse the rack of ribs and remove the thin membrane from the bone side of the rack. Pat dry thoroughly.
- In a bowl, combine the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Season the ribs on both sides with the dry rub mixture.
- Place the racks of ribs in the smoker. Close the lid and smoke for up to 5 ½ hours or until the internal temperature reaches 203 °F.
- Remove ribs from the smoker and wrap them in foil and then a towel. Let ribs rest about two hours.
- Turn up the temperature of your smoker to high heat.
- Place the ribs back into your smoker and grill on high heat to create a crispy crust, about 90 seconds per side.
- Cut ribs and serve.