Hot and Fast Brisket
Brisket doesn’t have to take all day. This Hot and Fast Brisket recipe makes it easy and much quicker to get mouth-watering, tender, perfectly smoked brisket.
- 12-16 lbs brisket
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup ground black pepper, coarse
- Allow brisket to reach room temperature.
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet smoker to 300 °F.
- Mix salt and pepper. Apply brisket rub liberally and evenly on all sides of the brisket to evenly distribute the flavor.
- Place brisket fat side down on the grates. Close the lid and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove brisket from the smoker and place in a double layer of foil.
- Spritz the brisket with a little bit of apple cider vinegar and tightly wrap it with the foil.
- Place it back on the smoker, and cook for about 3 more hours, or until internal temperature of the brisket reaches 203 °F.
- Once the brisket reaches 203 °F, remove it from the smoker. Open the foil slightly to allow it to vent for about 5 minutes.
- Seal the foil and allow the brisket to rest for 45 minutes.
- Unpack the brisket. Slice against the grain and serve.