Even for fruits, a quick kiss from the grill works wonders. Grilling watermelon transforms this otherwise sweet fruit into a savory, almost beefy, side dish or dessert for your next backyard bash.Let's look to how to grill watermelon now.
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- Canola spray oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest flake sea salt
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- Preheat pelletgrill to at least 450 °F.
- Lightly spray the watermelon wedges on both sides with canola oil.
- Place the watermelon wedges on the grill and cook while turning periodically until lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the watermelon wedgesfrom the grill.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and hot honey. Lightly dust the grilled watermelon with the lemon zest flake sea salt and top with fresh mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.