- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot (from 1 shallot)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/2-in.-thick rounds
- 2 zucchini (about 12 oz.), cut into 1/2-in.-thick planks
- 2 yellow squash (about 12 oz.), cut into 1/2-in.-thick planks
- 3 portobello mushroom caps, gills removed, caps halved
- 1 pint multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 1 cup small fresh basil leaves
- Fill the pellet hopper of your Z Grills wood pellet grill with pellets. Set temperature to the HIGH setting (450 °F), close lid, and preheat pellet grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir the vinegar, shallot, mustard, honey, thyme, and salt together. Slowly whisk in olive oil until it is well combined with the rest ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup vinaigrette.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, and portobellos to remaining vinaigrette in bowl, and toss together. Place vegetables on the grill grate, close the lid, and grill until lightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Then remove from grill, and set aside.
- Toss together tomatoes and reserved 1/4 cup vinaigrette in a large cast-iron or other heatproof skillets. Place the skillet on the grill grate, close the lid, and grill until skins burst and juices begin to release, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Place eggplant mixture on a large platter. Top with tomatoes and juices from skillet. Tear the burrata into pieces, and scatter over vegetables.
- Top with basil leaves just before serving.