Grilled Shrimp Salad
- 4 large eggs
- 14 ounces lettuce or mixed salad greens of choice
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat your Z Grills (preferably with branded cherry or applewood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the eggs on the grill grates, close the lid, and smoke for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs to an ice water bath.
- Once thoroughly chilled, dry the eggs, and peel them. Also, reduce the heat to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Return the peeled eggs to the grates and smoke for 30 minutes. Remove from the grill and set aside once done.
- Increase the pellet grill’s temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the shrimp to a large bowl with chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, black pepper, and oil. Toss to combine.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers, transfer to the grates, and close the lid.
- Grill shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, then transfer to a platter.
- Whisk the salad dressing ingredients together in a bowl. Also, chop the smoked eggs.
- Assemble the salad in the following order: lettuce, eggs, shrimp, and dressing.
- Serve and enjoy this grilled shrimp salad with smoked eggs.